Some Facts You Should Know About Teeth and Mouthguards:
- It has been estimated that millions of teeth are lost annually across North America during athletic activities.
- A single lost tooth can cost thousands of dollars over a person’s lifetime.
- The types of blows responsible for lost teeth may also cause concussions, neck injuries and jaw fractures.
- Tooth and mouth injuries can occur at any age: child, teenager or adult.
- There are no “safe” sports or athletic activities. While the potential for heavy contact is not the same in all sports, this does not mean that the possibility of tooth loss or serious injury is eliminated.
- A mouthguard should be worn during participation in sports or any activity where contact can be made or a fall could occur.
- Sports-Flex mouthguards represent a revolutionary new development in face, neck and head protection – custom-made by your dentist to fit your exact needs.